Program Manager, Elementary Programs, Lower Mainland
JA British Columbia (JABC) is part of the world’s largest not-for-profit organization dedicated to inspiring and preparing young people to succeed in a global economy. JABC brings local business volunteers into grade 5-12 classrooms to deliver fun, interactive programs that develop students’ financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurial skills.
Reporting to the Regional Manager Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley, the Program Manager is responsible for booking and delivering a set number of JA programs per year. Responsibilities include educator relations including program marketing and booking; volunteer recruitment, screening, orientation, placement and retention; extensive communications with educators and volunteers, coordination of program delivery; on-going reporting and data entry related to programs in the Lower Mainland and surrounding areas.
This is a full-time, permanent position working out of JABC’s office in downtown Vancouver.
- Developing and stewarding relationships with local educators who host JA programs
- Recruiting, screening, training, and stewarding a large number of volunteers who deliver JA programs
- Building community partnerships and strategic alliances
- Responsible for the integrity of data collection and entry into the database. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge Database an asset
- Building the JA brand in the territory
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ year’s success in an independent leadership, sales or customer service role
- University or college degree, ideally in business, marketing or a related field
- Relationship-based sales style and mentality; comfortable with cold-calling and contacting potential new teachers and volunteers
- Volunteer recruitment and management experience
- Special event management experience
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Strong networking and relationship management skills
- Ability to establish and develop relationships with a wide range of individuals and organizations
- Strong communication skills, including impeccable writing
- Engaging presentation skills, from small groups to large audiences
- Marketing, sales and customer service skills
- Results oriented: delivery on time; on budget.
- Computer literate, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), databases and social media such as Linked In, Facebook and Twitter.
- Possession of a valid BC driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector.
- Training or teaching experience an asset.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge Database an asset
- Junior Achievement Volunteer or Alumni.
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary expectations by August 4, 2016 to Cheryl Borgmann, Regional Manager, Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley at Cheryl.Borgmann@jabc.org
No phone calls please; shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone. Interviews will be held in early August with a start date of September 6, 2016
Back to About >