Are you interested in applying your talents in a social profit that supports youth throughout BC to achieve their potential? Do you want to work in a team environment, in an organization that is focused on ambitious growth? Are you passionate about education? If so, we would like to meet with you.
Junior Achievement (JA) is the world’s largest not-for-profit organization dedicated to educating young people about business. With over 120 charters worldwide, JA brings a diverse global view of business to local communities. Since 1955 Junior Achievement of British Columbia (JABC) has partnered with educators, donors and volunteers to bring a real-world experience into the classroom. Our programs give students the confidence and skills they need to become the next generation of business and community leaders.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Development; the Development Coordinator is responsible for contributing to JABC’s fundraising goals in the following areas:
- Support of Development team routine operations including: meeting scheduling, proposal packages, donor recognition material, stewardship reports, proposal calendar, mailings, tax receipting, thank you letters.
- Support to JABC’s CEO and President in preparing visits to donors, partners and prospects, including regional trips.
- All database and records management for Department, to include:
- Processing donations & contact data entry
- Producing contact lists for mail/email
- Producing name tags, event programs, signage
- Producing donor lists for recognition – such as Annual Report & thank you ads
- Donation and event reports
- Filing of donor records for the department and audit
- Fundraising dashboard development and updates
- Event module coordination and updates.
- Support to the Special Events Manager as required.
- Develop and execute Annual Giving appeals to meet fundraising goals.
- Conduct donor research & assist with proposals and applications as needed.
- Prepare briefing and debriefing notes, proofreading, editing and formatting documents.
- Administrative support to the Development team and leadership volunteers.
- Other duties as required.
Measures of Performance
- Enhanced support to JABC’s CEO and President, Development Team and volunteers by maintaining accurate and timely donor records, stewardship reports, recognition, research and tailored reports utilizing the Raiser’s Edge software and online resources
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and creativity in job functions
- Utilizing strategic problem-solving techniques and skills
- Two years post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Two years work experience preferably in a fundraising, not-for-profit environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a small office environment
- Ability to work with changing priorities and a diverse group of people
- A passion for the not-for-profit sector and desire to learn fundraising techniques in a small organization
- Experience coordinating or as support to events
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM software is essential
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, proofreading and customer service skills
- Sound ability to analyze, plan, initiate and complete projects in a timely manner
- Proven ability to coordinate and foster a positive work environment; tact and diplomacy are critical
- Superb organizational and problem-solving skills
Deadline for applications: April 30, 2018
Please submit cover letter and resume to Nancy Cardozo, VP Development to email@example.com.