JABC is a province-wide organization, with the purpose of inspiring, preparing and empowering youth for life-long success. JABC’s 800+ volunteers deliver work-readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy programs to youth between grades five and 12 in 56 of BC’s 60 school districts.
The Executive Coordinator reports to and supports the President & CEO of JABC. The scope of responsibilities include supporting the President & CEO with board, donor and stakeholder management; planning; special projects; human resources; administration; and email/calendar/meeting management. The Executive Coordinator must exercise good judgment and discretion, and exhibit a customer service attitude.
If you are interested in meaningful employment and want to balance work and home life, consider this role. You will become a member of a high-performing team, working to increase the impact that JABC has throughout the province.
Experience and Compentencies
- Minimum eight years’ experience in a professional office environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with very senior members of the business community
- Well organized, and experience creating or executing systems
- Experience coordinating projects and/or people
- Proficient in Microsoft software and social media
- Team player
- Excellent decision-making skills and good judgment
- Passion for youth and education
Want to know more about JABC?
Learn about JA World Wide https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=AcRP6VZswhs
Watch students thank our donors https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYSRnfj8uFQ
Find out who is on our Board http://jabc.ca/about-us/directors
See the list of BC’s Business Laureates http://www.businesslaureatesbc.org/laureates
Deadline for applications:
Please send your resume or inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15th. Resumes will be screened as they arrive.
This is a permanent part-time position. The Executive Coordinator will work Monday to Friday from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm. We offer a professional and energetic work environment. Our office is located in downtown Vancouver.