JA British Columbia (JABC) is a member of JA Canada and part of JA Worldwide (JA), the world’s largest not-for-profit organization dedicated to educating young people about business. In 2016-17, over 40,000 BC students benefited from JABC programs delivered free of charge by volunteers from local business communities, who bring their real-life experience into the classroom. JA programs inspire, prepare and empower BC youth for life-long success.
The Program Administrator provides administrative support, database training, support and supervision to the Program Team across BC, with additional volunteer support to the Vancouver-based Program Team. The role also provides some executive support to the Senior Vice President, Programs and Regional Operations.
Reporting to the SVP, Programs & Regional Operations, this is a pivotal position on the Program Team, with primary responsibility for recording and reporting the details of the work JABC does across the province.
- Ensures the integrity of program data entry into the database and program reports pulled from the database
- Welcomes and helps to onboard new volunteers and teachers
- Provides centralized administrative support to the Program Team across BC
- Some executive support to the SVP, Programs & Regional Operations
- Some general office administration
- Participates as an active member of the provincial Program Team
Skills and Attributes
To provide JABC’s Program Team with excellent administrative support, this energetic individual needs to have:
- A great attitude: friendly, positive, “how can I help?”
- An independent work style: able to take the initiative, manage multiple duties and projects with minimal supervision, set and meet deadlines
- A team mentality- willing to lend a hand and also ask for assistance when necessary
- Strong listening, writing and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A love of databases and details- a commitment to “getting things right”
- Well-developed customer service skills: the ability to interact diplomatically with a wide range of stakeholders and when necessary, provide direction/correction with kindness
- The ability to do some lifting, carrying and packing
- Flexibility- able to work the occasional evening or weekend around special events and reporting deadlines if necessary
- Good judgment: the ability to handle confidential material with discretion
- An interest in youth and business
- 1 to 3 years of clerical and office experience
- Computer literacy with emphasis on word processing, graphics and spreadsheet programs, Internet research
- Database experience- ideally with Raiser’s Edge and/or other Relationship Management systems
Deadline for applications: May 14, 2018
Please apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject heading “Program Administrator- YOUR NAME”. Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.