Technology has transformed the business landscape, and will continue to do so at an accelerating pace. Every industry has been or will be impacted and the demand for innovative, highly skilled minds and leaders that can create and apply new technologies is growing. Canadian youth need to be made aware of the dynamic nature of technology careers and of the knowledge and skills required to be prepared for these jobs.
Join JABC and our partners on January 16, 2018 for JABC TechWorks. This technology focused program will introduce Grade 9-10 students to the multitude of rewarding career opportunities that technology creates and the educational path that is required to prepare themselves for tomorrow’s opportunities.
- JABC TechWorks will build upon JA’s Economics for Success program which highlights the connection between post secondary education and an increased earning capacity and quality of life as an adult.
- The event will showcase the scope of technology-related career opportunities open to the next generation of employees.
- A theatre-style opening plenary will feature dynamic technology industry speakers, video, music, demonstrations, and social media activity, all designed to delight and engage the students at their level.
- Students will be provided deeper understanding of various technology sectors and the exciting career opportunities they offer, through smaller hands-on group breakout sessions hosted by sponsoring technology companies and led by their representatives.
- Students will explore and develop personalized education and lifestyle plans which will inform and support their Grade 10-12 course selections and post-secondary plans.
Thank you to our 2018 sponsors:
Limited sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information, please contact:
Senior Development Officer, JABC