June 15, 2022- The following awards recognize outstanding student performance in a JA program during the 2021-2022 school year:
Jan Bell-Irving Award for Women’s Leadership
- Jessica Kim, Eric Hamber Secondary School, Vancouver. This $2,500 award recognizes a female Junior Achiever who demonstrates the ambition to lead and the ability to do so with collaboration and kindness.
Dr. Donald Rix Inspiring Business Excellence Scholarship
- Elise Chan, Moscrop Secondary, Burnaby. This $2,500 award recognizes a new immigrant, rural or Indigenous student who has demonstrated significant growth in business, learning, leadership, and/or entrepreneurial skills.
JABC Basin Impact Award sponsored by Columbia Basin Trust
- Sasha Kelleher, Fernie Secondary, Fernie
- Madison Adams, Mount Baker Secondary, Cranbrook
This $1,250 award per student recognizes students from the Columbia Basin who have demonstrated how a JA program significantly improved their work readiness skills and positively impacted their future.
Student Award for Oratory & Presentation Skills
- Eric Gao, Burnaby North Secondary, Burnaby
- Owen Hu, Burnaby North Secondary, Burnaby
- Riya Kainth, Burnaby Central Secondary, Burnaby
- Rebecca Pin, Queen’s University, Kingston
This $2,500 award per student recognizes achievement in the development of speaking and presentation skills.
Student Company Awards
Celebrate Entrepreneurship Award sponsored by the Ministry of Jobs, Economic Development and Competitiveness
- Juggle– This $3,000 award recognizes the JA Student Company that demonstrates the most innovation in their business. View video
CIBC Student Company of the Year Award
- Flax Pax- This $3,000 award acknowledges excellence in teamwork, creativity, innovation and outstanding planning and operation of a JA Student Company. View video
Junior Entrepreneur Award
- Johanna Chou, Moscrop Secondary, Burnaby
- Isabella Jin, Hugh Boyd Secondary, Richmond
- Judy Kim, R.E. Mountain Secondary, Langley
- David Lam, Burnaby Central Secondary, Burnaby
This $2,500 award per student recognizes outstanding business acumen, growth or leadership of a JA Student Company.
Team Competition Awards
JABC Investment Strategies Stock Market Challenge Award
- Fall 2021- From B.C. – CHJ from West Vancouver Secondary, West Vancouver
- Winter 2021- B.C. (and overall winner) – KEKW from St. Johns School, Vancouver
- Winter 2022- From B.C. – Jacob TBA from Belmont Secondary, Victoria
- Spring 2022- From B.C. (and overall winner) – Pierce & Pierce Acquisitions from St Andrew’s, Victoria
Discover your Pitch Awards
Discovery Foundation’s Discover your Pitch program, presented by JABC, is an exclusive investor pitch competition for high school students who have taken a JA entrepreneurial program.
First Place ($3,000)
- StormShine, Burnaby
Second Place ($1,500)
- Ponderosa, Vancouver
Third Place ($500)
- Edible Utensils, Burnaby
Fan Favourite ($5,000)
- StormShine, Burnaby
Congratulations to all these students!
Learn more about JABC and JA Canada awards and scholarships at jabc.ca/awards.