We at JA British Columbia are dedicated to building a community of passionate employees who feel a sense of belonging, are highly valued for their contributions and believe in our purpose to inspire, prepare and empower BC youth for lifelong success.
Are you are interested in joining our team? Check out our current openings below.
JABC is hiring Five Company Program Student Liaisons to assist Company Program student teams and volunteers participating in the JA Company Program. Acting as liaisons between the JABC Program team and the Company Program student team, the Student Liaisons will provide the Company Program Manager with weekly updates and progress reports.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
The Student Liaison will:
- Be assigned two After-School Company Program locations
- Provide support to student teams and volunteers by providing answers, and/or seeking answers from JABC Program Team
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Company Program students based on your own experience with the Company Program and work
- Ensure accurate and timely progress reports and timelines to the Company Program Manager
Skills and Experience:
- Past participant of the JABC Company Program
- Detail oriented to ensure accurate reporting requirements
- Good communication skills with the ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed
- Strong organizational & planning skills
- Comfortable presenting information & ideas
- Enjoy working with and mentoring young people
- Patient, flexible and engaging
- Most After-school sessions start early November 2019 and continue until April 2020
- Approximately 2 to 3 hours per week
- Must be available for the full term of the Company Programs
- Mandatory training on material and resources: Saturday, September 28th, 2019 from 10 am to 2 pm (lunch will be provided)
Various schools and organisations around the Lower Mainland. We will make our best effort to match programs based on a candidate’s residence.
- Enhance your skills, share your interests, inspire youth and give back to the community
- Work experience
- A reference letter can be provided upon request when contract responsibilities have been met
A fee of $1,000 will be paid in 3 equal instalments over the duration of the program.
Please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of Avani Karadkhedkar, Company Program Manager at: Avani.Karadkhedkar@jabc.org by Friday, August 30, 2019. Subject line: Name-CP Student Liaison Application
(If there are no openings listed, please check back soon!)