We at JA British Columbia are dedicated to building a community of passionate employees who feel a sense of belonging, are highly valued for their contributions and believe in our purpose to inspire, prepare and empower BC youth for lifelong success.
Are you are interested in joining our team? Check out our current openings below.
JABC is a province-wide organization, with the purpose of inspiring, preparing and empowering youth for life-long success. JABC’s 800+ volunteers deliver work-readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy programs to youth between grades 4 and 12 in 56 of BC’s 60 school districts.
JABC is hiring a Manager, Indigenous Programs, to increase the delivery of our financial literacy and entrepreneurship programs in Indigenous communities. This is a key leadership position, critical to the successful implementation of JABCS’s new strategic plan “Bright Futures”. Over the next four years, JABC plans to expand service to Indigenous youth across BC by delivering more JA programs into their communities.
This is an exciting opportunity to build on a pilot program resulting in the delivery of 13 “Be Entrepreneurial” programs in eight First Nations, as well as the programs delivered to Indigenous students in BC public schools.
The Manager, Indigenous Programs will be responsible for ensuring the program delivery model is suitable to the unique needs of Indigenous youth such as: target age range of student-participants, program structure, outside-the-classroom deliveries, and delivery in remote locations. Programs must also reflect the historical, cultural and economic contexts of Indigenous students.
The Manager, Indigenous Programs will be responsible for:
- Increasing Indigenous program delivery to a minimum of 30 programs annually by 2022
- Engaging leaders and educators in Indigenous communities to reach students with JA’s entrepreneurship and financial literacy programs
- Recruit, train, and support Indigenous program facilitators to deliver programs in Indigenous communities
- Identifying and developing relationships with organizational partners engaged in Indigenous communities
- Engage, train, and support organizational partner facilitators to deliver JA programs in Indigenous communities
- Managing JABC’s Indigenous program budget
- Supporting the development team in securing donations to increase programming
- Measuring and reporting impact
- Considerable knowledge of and connection to BC’s Indigenous communities
- University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with youth and/or training adults
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating programs
- Experience building teams, working with volunteers and/or casual or part-time staff
- Experience setting, managing and adhering to budgets
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse people across an organization
- Service minded attitude with an interest and willingness to help others
- Passion for youth education and development
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT JABC?
Please send your resume or inquiry to the attention of Delreen Motiwalla, Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2018.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Development, the Development Administrator is responsible for contributing to JABC’s fundraising goals in the following areas:
- Recording all gifts, pledges and event or appeal-related donations in Raiser’s Edge
- Generating donor tax receipts and acknowledgement correspondence
- Producing financial reports as required
- Supporting fundraising initiatives, appeals, proposals and events
- Recording and tracking proposals and solicitations
- Generating mailings and matching invoices generated to the accounting system relating to donor campaigns, events and initiatives
- Generation of statistical reports and queries
- Ensuring database consistency, integrity and that all changes and errors are corrected, as needed
- Perform a monthly reconciliation activities with the finance team
- Managing direct mail appeals
- Providing additional support and training as needed to other staff members utilizing the Raiser’s Edge software
- Producing donor lists for recognition – such as Annual Report & thank you ads
- Fundraising dashboard development and updates
- Event module coordination and updates
- Support to the Special Events Manager as required. Producing name tags, event programs, signage
- Conduct donor research & assist with proposals and applications as needed
- Other duties as required
Measures of Performance:
- Enhanced support to JABC’s CEO and President, Development Team and volunteers by maintaining accurate and timely donor records, stewardship reports, recognition, research and tailored reports utilizing the Raiser’s Edge software and online resources
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and creativity in job functions
- Utilizing strategic problem solving techniques and skills
- Two years post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Two years work experience preferably in a fundraising, not-for-profit environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a small office environment
- Ability to work with changing priorities and a diverse group of people
- A passion for the not-for-profit sector and desire to learn fundraising techniques in a small organization
- Experience coordinating or as support to events
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM software is essential
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, proof reading and customer service skills
- Sound ability to analyze, plan, initiate and complete projects in a timely manner
- Proven ability to coordinate and foster a positive work environment; tact and diplomacy are critical
- Superb organizational and problem-solving skills
Deadline for applications: October 30, 2018
Please submit cover letter and resume to Nancy Cardozo, VP Development to email@example.com
(If there are no openings listed, please check back soon!)