Deadline to apply is 4 pm on November 30, 2022, or until filled. Candidate must be located in Northern British Columbia and be within easy driving distance to a main airport.
Are you interested in sharing your talents with an organization that helps youth throughout B.C. achieve their potential? Do you want to work with a team that is focused on ambitious growth? Are you passionate about education and entrepreneurship? If so, we would like to meet you!
JA British Columbia (JABC) is a not-for-profit impact organization that delivers hands-on, immersive education in work readiness, financial health, and entrepreneurship.
The Program Manager, Indigenous Communities coordinates high exposure and impact programming while managing relationships with a variety of supporters and stakeholders including educators, students, and volunteers. This individual will join the JABC Program Team, which includes the Vice President of Programs, Program Directors, Program Managers and Coordinators.
Reporting to the Program Director, the primary responsibilities are to:
- Facilitate JA Programs in person at Indigenous schools and communities for people aged 5 to 29
- Manage aspects related to volunteer coordination including engagement, recruitment, training, placement, stewardship and recognition
- Manage aspects related to educator engagement including building relations, promoting awareness, and developing and coordinating program opportunities
- Attend educator conferences in person or virtually to promote programs
- Coordinate the ordering of program kits, workbooks and other resources
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records
- Distribute student surveys and collect feedback from teachers and volunteers
- Contribute to the development and collection of stories related to program deliveries and their impact
- Participate in meetings
- Other duties as required
Requirements and Qualifications
- Passion for business education and skill development for Indigenous youth
- Ability to liaise with schools and Indigenous community groups
- Ability to interact with diverse people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences
- Result-oriented approach with the ability to effectively organize logistics, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Sound computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ability to conceptualize, evaluate, and problem-solve
- Must be able to stand six hours at a time teaching
- Show diplomacy, good judgment and have the ability to manage confidential information
- Willing to travel across B.C. to schools and communities
Nice to Have
- Teaching/facilitating experience with school-age students
- Indigenous ancestry, or extensive knowledge of Indigenous Ancestry and sensitivity
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and digital platforms
- This is a permanent, full-time, work-from-home first position. Due to the nature of the role, the candidate must be located in Northern British Columbia and be within easy driving distance to a main airport.
Benefits of working with JABC
- Flexible / remote first work schedule
- Extended benefits and RRSP contributions
- Three weeks vacation to start
- Positive work environment and supportive colleagues
Interested candidates for the Program Manager, Indigenous Communities position are invited to submit a concise resume with a cover letter that highlights alignment to the position qualifications by 4 pm on Wednesday November 30, 2022, or until filled to HR@jabc.org with the subject line: Program Manager, Indigenous Communities.