We at JA British Columbia are dedicated to building a community of passionate employees who feel a sense of belonging, are highly valued for their contributions and believe in our purpose to inspire, prepare and empower BC youth for lifelong success.
Are you are interested in joining our team? Check out our current openings below.
Start Date: September or October 2018
Junior Achievement of British Columbia (JABC) is part of an international organization that delivers education based programs with a focus on financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship to students in elementary through high school. Our purpose is to inspire, prepare and empower BC youth for life-long success, with a long term objective that all youth have access to a JABC program. In operation since 1955, JABC partners with educators, donors and volunteers to bring real world experiences into the classroom.
Reporting to the Director, Programs the Regional Manager for Vancouver Island is responsible for the leadership of Program staff on the Vancouver Island, as well as for the coordination and delivery of programs and special events.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Leads the Vancouver Island Program team, coordinating the efforts of two program staff particularly with volunteer recruitment and training, as well as program registration and coordination, for maximum effectiveness and efficiency
- Coordinates a set number of programs him/herself, including program marketing and registration; volunteer recruitment, training and support, and reporting
- Develops and implements volunteer recruitment and recognition initiatives and events on Vancouver Island, including mingles and year-end celebration
- Develops and implements program marketing initiatives in the region
- Represents the Vancouver Island Region and works together with other Regional Managers across BC as a member of the Program Team
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism; is an ambassador for Junior Achievement
- Accountable for all aspects of the “Bright Futures” regional operational plan related to program activities, management, implementation & evaluation
- Management of regional special events
- Accountable for the financial management of the regional portfolio
- Accountable for management of regional staff to support program implementation
- Responsible for the delivery of a required number of volunteer led, teacher led and digital programs in the region
- Responsible for recruiting, managing and stewarding relationships with educators
- Accountable for overseeing recruitment, management, and recognition of a team of volunteers to implement region’s activities
- Accountable for building partnerships and strategic alliances
- Accountable for the integrity of data collection and entry into the database and reporting of regional activities and outcomes
SPECIFICATIONS: SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
This is a full time position based in Victoria at a home-based office and requiring travel throughout the Capital Region, in parts of Vancouver Island, and periodically to Vancouver. The position must be time flexible to accommodate the changing needs of programs and volunteers.
Required experience and knowledge
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a leadership role with supervisory responsibilities and track record of success
- Experience recruiting/leading/training volunteers
- Special event experience
- Computer literate with an emphasis in word-processing, graphics, spreadsheet, database and power point as well as social networking tools
- Possession of a valid BC driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle
Desirable experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector
- Knowledge of the education sector
- University degree in education, business, commerce or related field an asset
- Sales, Customer Service, and/or Account management experience
- Experience working with Raisers Edge database.
The successful candidate must undergo a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector search.
To apply, please submit your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com by 4pm PST on Friday September 21, 2018 with “Regional Manager, Vancouver Island” clearly marked in the email subject line.
(If there are no openings listed, please check back soon!)