At JABC, we acknowledge the B.C. Government’s COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines for K-12 settings, outlining the protocols for safe operations of our schools this fall.
When invited to do so by a school district, school, or host organization, JABC in person volunteers must adhere to the most up to date provincial COVID-19 PHO and regional restrictions found here:
In addition, JABC in person volunteers may be required to follow unique protocols within a specific school/district or host organization. The JA program host will provide details of such protocols in advance. They may include:
- Proof of vaccination
- Completion of an online consent
- Daily health check before entering the school
- Contract tracing information collection at the school office
- Physical distancing, following traffic flow markings, designated entrance/exit
- Restricted use of shared items and touched surfaces
- No handshaking
- Hand washing or sanitization when entering and exiting the school
Throughout the school year, JABC will provide programs virtually, inviting volunteers to join a participating class of students via video conferencing. As guidelines change, JABC will modify its program delivery methods.
Thank you for your continued support.