Congratulations to these student company winners:
OneHemp, Port Moody
Scan Lock Pro, Prince George
Easy A+, Vancouver
What is Discover your Pitch?
Discovery Foundation’s Discover your Pitch program, presented by JABC, is an exclusive investor pitch competition for high school students who have taken JA Be Entrepreneurial. JA Be Entrepreneurial teams that have placed in their classroom competitions are invited to take their business and presentation skills and knowledge to the next level.
Teams from across B.C. will take part virtually in an entrepreneurship workshop, practice sessions, a preliminary competition and an exciting final round where they will pitch their business ideas to a panel of judges from B.C.’s business community.
Deadline to Register: Friday, May 8
Registration is by team. Each team should select a team lead to complete the registration and receive communications.
Team Prizes Available
Preliminary Competition (multiple pools): First Place – $300 | Second Place – $200 | Third Place – $100
Final Competition: First Place – $2,500 | Second Place – $1,000 | Third Place – $500
PLUS an additional $1,000 for the top elevator pitch, determined by viewers in a fan favourite vote!
Thanks to our friends at SFU Beedie School of Business, participating teams can access 1:1 coaching from SFU Beedie Case Competition representatives. These are optional but we highly recommend taking advantage of their expertise!
Who can participate?
JA students who have taken a Be Entrepreneurial program in the 2019/2020 school year and have placed in their classroom competitions.
Requirements & Important Team Information
- A maximum of 3 members per team is permitted to participate during the pitch presentation. It is up to individual teams to determine how many students will take part in the presentation portion, however it is expected that all team members will participate in the workshop and preparation of the presentation.
- All team members must be available on all dates listed below.
- Teams must have access to a device for creating and editing PowerPoint presentations.
- Teams must have access to a device with a video camera.
Note: All sessions will take place on Zoom.
- 5 minute presentation
- PowerPoint slides are mandatory
- 2 minute question & answer period
- 2 minute feedback from judges
- Entrepreneurship Workshop | Thursday, May 14 | 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Preliminary Pools | Week of May 25 – 29. Teams will be asked to sign up for a time slot of their choosing
- Final Competition | Tuesday, June 9 | 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm. Teams may invite friends, families and teachers to watch