September 1, 2020- Thanks to support from donors and partnerships with educators, JABC has thrived for 65 years. Since 1955, 750,000 BC students have taken a JA program!
- In 1955, JA opened an international office in Vancouver, BC, kicking off a decade of expansion across Canada.
- JABC was introduced into Canada by Ralph Baker, former president of Standard Oil, now Chevron Canada Ltd. He encouraged Vancouver businessmen to assist him.
- JA Company Program was the first program JABC ran. It started with 22 companies, operated by 275 students. The first sponsors were BC Tel, BMO, Hudsons Bay Company, Shell and Woodwards.
- Today, JABC is in 95% of BC school districts and reaches over 40,000 students annually.
- We continue to be in demand by teachers and students and now offer programs digitally so that more students can have access to programs in financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurship.
- Our strong relationships with the business community means we are better equipped to update our programs to meet the needs of a continuously changing workforce.
- We have developed our own unique capstone experiences that enhance JA’s in-class programming.
- JABC Alumni have gone on to open their own businesses and experience personal professional success.
- Making an Impact Study conducted for JA Canada by the Boston Consulting Group show that JA Alumni are better equipped for the workforce.
- From September 2020 to June 2021, we’re celebrating our past and looking forward to our future. Visit our website and follow us on social media for the latest updates! #JABC65