By participating in ISP, students will learn how to make smart investment choices. They will:
- Understand the pros and cons of different investments, such as RRSPs, exchange-traded funds and GICs
- Follow a Canadian stock for the duration of the program
- Create a mutual fund
- Learn how to buy low and sell high
- Act as a financial advisor to apply what they learn
- Build a portfolio for the online stock market simulation
- Learn about socially and ethically responsible investment
- Learn how to identify investment scams
- Test their knowledge by competing against other teams from across Canada
Like other JA programs, Investment Strategies Program is curriculum-linked, student-centred and skills-focused. In British Columbia, it is delivered in virtual format only by a qualified business volunteer in four one-hour in-class sessions, at no cost to schools or groups.
For more information or to access the ISP Portal, please visit here.
Capstone Experience: Students who have completed ISP are eligible for Stock Market Challenge, an online stock market simulation, linked to live data from North American stock markets, that engages students from across Canada to apply investing principles as they manage their own portfolio.