What is JABC Summer Accelerator?
Students- Join us this summer to learn more about business and entrepreneurship, and equip yourself with the tools and resources required to build your own start-up.
With the UN Decade of Action calling for accelerated sustainable solutions to the world’s biggest challenges by 2030, what better time than now to tackle some of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Address Climate Action, Life Below Water, Reduced Inequalities and many more in your own innovative tech solutions. Learn about Human Centered Design Thinking and apply your knowledge to create a proof of concept for your venture in only six weeks.
- Open to students from Grade 8 to 12 all across BC
- Once accepted, we’ll team you up with other students or you can apply to join as a team
- Deadline to Register: July 5, 2020
- Begins: week of July 13, 2020
- Concludes: August 21, 2020
Exact dates and times to be confirmed.
- All meetings will be virtual. Access to a computer and internet is required.
Two hours each week. This includes:
- Team meetings and workshops with program mentors
- Individual prep work
- No cost for Summer 2020 (Valued at more than $495.00)
- Participating in this program will give you the opportunity to be mentored by consultants from Accenture, a Fortune Global 500 company.
During this six week summer accelerator, students will use human centered design thinking to create a proof of concept for their own tech project in three stages. Design Challenge: How can you solve one or more of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals with your innovative tech solution?
INSPIRE | IDEATE | IMPLEMENT
- Inspire: Through conversations and observations with your users or target market, you will understand the needs and challenges to consider while building your solution.
- Ideate: Work collaboratively with your team to start building your idea. This stage will include brainstorming, visualizing, discussing and mapping out all potential solutions for the problem that you have chosen.
- Implement: Once you think you have designed an informed solution, you can build a low-fidelity prototype, create a business model canvas for your project and try to develop partnerships in preparation to launch your product for real-world use.
For more information, contact: Company Program Manager Avani Karadkhedkar at firstname.lastname@example.org